Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hellloooooo!!!!

I'm back. It was a crazy winter, but spring is here and things are finally calming down. There was way too much work, some travel, the unexpected death of a friend, a daughter turning four, a suspenseful job search, and, at last, a JOB. Not that I haven't had one this year, but I mean a TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR JOB!!! And in this economy, I am more grateful than ever that this was the year for me to land a position. It doesn't start until fall, which means I'll have some time to breathe before then (after I finish the teaching I'm already doing for the rest of this semester, that is).

I'm longing to catch up with blog reading, but it will take me awhile to make the rounds. I promise to visit each of you soon though and get back to commenting and such. I've missed the blogosphere and Twitterverse so much, but I have to say it was also kind of nice to simplify my life and focus solely on immediate demands for awhile. Not that I had much choice. There simply wasn't time in my days for the last several weeks. I haven't even had the chance to read anything for fun in months, and there was barely enough time in our days for cocktail hour in the past two months, so that tells you just how dire our situation had become!

Speaking of which, is it martini time yet? I bought some ass-kicking olives today at the market and I'm eager to send them swimming in a big pool of icy vodka. Mmmmm.

So, what have you all been up to?

6 comments:

catnip said...

I've missed you soooo much! I'm glad you're back and I hope this summer is a little easier on you than this year has been. Hurray for a real job! :)

followthatdog said...

So glad to see you back! And congratulations on the new job. That is amazing news. You must be thrilled.

Lost In Splendor said...

Congratulations! That sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Keep us posted!

Does Anybody Hear Me said...

Sounds like you and I both took a break from blogging. I have lots of catching up to do...and yours is the first blog that I read! You should feel special :)

Ann said...

Did you say "ass-kicking olives"?!
Wow, how I miss your posts!!!

I completely understand life getting out of control. (I am so, so sorry to hear of your friends passing.)

I am happy to hear of a majorly successful job search, and of your daughters graceful turn to 4 years old. (Of course I'm adding the word 'graceful'. Was it? Or was it a crazy free-for-all sugar rush? :-> )

I can't wait until you are able to put your thoughts out into the blogosphere once again. I miss you!

Happy Virtual GNO! :->

Kat said...

Yeah - you're back!!! I'll bring the wine right over. Though a martini would do the trick too!