Monday, November 17, 2008

Sick of Being Sick

I don't think I've been sick this much since I was a kid. After fighting off two colds in October, I came down with some flu-like thing on election night (that's right, I spent the glorious night of Obama's victory wavering in and out of fevered consciousness, so it was rather surreal) and was down & out for over a week. Then at the end of last week, just as I was emerging from the aftermath of that, I managed to come down with the Little One's latest cold. I'm not feeling too badly, but my chest and sinuses have been congested for about a month solid now. My cough was nearly gone on Friday, but today the new cold headed down there and I'm coughing literally every other minute. It's exhausting.

I've had to work through most of this, and the Little One has had milder versions of all of this, so I've had absolutely no time for any sort of blogging or commenting or twittering. So sad. I miss you all though, and wanted you to know I'm still here, just buried under work and cough syrup and tissues. I know better than to think I'll catch up, so let's just say I'll jump back in as I am able over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

Shanna said...

Ewwww it sucks that you've been down for so long! :) Glad to hear you're back up and alive.

catnip said...

Good lord, I just figured you were swamped with work! I'm sorry you've been so sick - I hope it all goes away very very soon, and you can be healthy for the holidays. mwah!

Tiffany said...

Girl! Feel better soon, glad to see you back!

followthatdog said...

feel better soon. Being sick sucks. And I say that with confidence. I have a nasty cold too.