Monday, June 2, 2008

Meme Monday

I simply cannot get going with my real work this morning. It's like dragging myself out of the mud. At a spa. Comfy mud, relaxing mud, happy mud. When you must work at home (which I must right now, with the little one's summer school only running two brief days a week), it is nearly impossible to return from vacation.

So, it seems like a good time to procrastinate by doing my first meme! I've been reading these things for a year now, and though everyone seems to complain about them, I myself have been eager to do one, so thank you Catnip for tagging me!

Four jobs I've held
1. Cashier at a pizza parlor (my first one, actually, at age 15)
2. Waitress (too many times to count, and I still have nightmares about these jobs)
3. Receptionist in the lavish private office of a very wealthy couple (alas, not as glamorous as it sounds... this job was very lonely)
4. Phone answering service (actually quite interesting, taking messages for businesses but also personal pagers, back in the day before all the young hipsters texted each other... you would not BELIEVE some of the things I was forced to type, and then READ BACK to them, accurately)

Four Movies I Could Watch Over & Over
1. The American President (I watch it every time it's on t.v. now. EVERY TIME.)
2. Out of Africa (hate the colonial context, but it's a beautiful film w/ amazing music)
3. The Princess Bride (hilarious every time, and sweet)
4. Sliding Doors (reminds me of everything I love about England)
I'm sure there are more, but these are the first four that came to mind.

Four Places I Have Lived
1. California (duh!)
2. Maryland
3. Washington
4. Arizona

Four T.V. Shows I Like
There are far too many to mention, but I'll go with four I watched this past year. No judging.
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Lost
3. Dirty Sexy Money
4. Lipstick Jungle

Four Favorite Foods
1. tacos (crispy shell required, filling can be beef, chicken, or fish, cheese must be copious)
2. burritos (bean & cheese, or sometimes combo)
3. salmon (grilled, sauteed or poached to a perfect medium)
4. tuna pasta (cold salad or hot casserole)

Four Places I Would Rather Be
1. Southern California (I'm very homesick)
2. California wine country (where I'd like to retire)
3. Edinburgh (Scotland is AWESOME)
4. traveling through Europe

Is it over already? And I thought I'd have trouble thinking of all the answers (I'm terrible on the spot, and I made myself do it quickly rather than mulling, so I'm surprised that I didn't go completely blank).

I really can't tag anyone because I'm too new and I'm sure everyone has done it already. If you haven't, and you want to, consider yourself tagged and say so in the comments.

Thanks Catnip, this was as fun as I thought it would be.

2 comments:

catnip said...

You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it :)

No judging - I like all those shows!

I LOVE The American President too. Such a sweet movie.

NedaAnn said...

The American President & Princess Bride are two of my favorite. We also watched Dirty Sexy Money.